Please wait. This should take only a few seconds.
Founded in 1939 in Italy, Ferrari manufactures luxury sports cars and racing vehicles. Named for its founder, Enzo Ferrari, the company is best known for being the oldest (and one of the most successful) manufacturers of race vehicles, particularly Formula One. Ferrari cars have produced the highest number of championship wins, currently at 15.
The first automobile that bore the Ferrari name was the 1947 125 S, which used a 1.5L V12 engine and a steel tube-frame chassis. The 125 S was built to race in the Piacenza circuit but could not finish the race. The vehicle did claim the first victory for Ferrari, winning the Grand Prix of Rome only two weeks after its failed finish. Today, Ferrari makes a variety of racing vehicles and high-end sports cars. Its current model lineup includes the 812 GTS, 296 GTB, SF90 Stradale, F8 Tributo, F8 Spider, Roma, Portofino M, Monza SP1, Monza Sp2, and the Daytona SP3. Ferrari sold 11,155 vehicles worldwide in 2021, setting a record for the company.
Ferrari recently announced it intends to release 15 new vehicles between 2023 and 2026, including a new addition to its supercar lineup. It also stated it plans to have its first battery-electric car by 2025, and by 2030 it hopes that electric vehicles will represent 40% of its total annual sales. Of the remaining 60%, Ferrari wants 40% of its sales to come from hybrid models and the final 20% from its internal combustion engine line.